Friday, February 23, 2007

Some things are lost on me

I've never been able to comprehend temperature. I know hot and cold, I know the human body is 98.6 degrees. I know water boils at 212 and freezes at 32 its the 40-80 degree range that confuses me. You know, relevant temperature. If it's 52 or 63 all I need to know is whether I need a sweatshirt, a jacket or two pairs of socks.

I'm unbelievably accurate with time and how long things take, direction on the other hand. I often rise from the subway and have a knotting feeling that north is south, or even worse, east. I lose track of turns when streets are diagnal or turn unnaturally. I remember where I've been and how to get there when I'm driving, but as a passenger, forget it, as a hostage I'd be useless. Show tonight at the laugh lounge to hear the funny, this is more about downloading those off beat thoughts.

No comments: